This service enables people to verify certain C19 vaccines they’ve had outside the UK so the NHS can securely update people’s vaccination records and from this the COVID pass can be generated. The bookable face-to-face clinic will be able to verify 4 MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency) approved vaccine types: Astra Zeneca (Vaxzevria), Pfizer (Comirnaty), Janssen and Moderna (Spikevax). Face-to-face appointments are necessary to ensure that evidence can be matched with a passport or UK Driving Licence and thus be properly validated. If staff cannot confirm your identity or your vaccination documentation, they will be unable to update your record.
Please be mindful of the following information:
- Patients must attend in person
- Patients will need to bring a passport or UK Driving Licence as photographic ID
- Patients must have an NHS number
- Patients need to bring evidence of the vaccination to be recorded, such as a vaccination card or certificate (see below). This could include one or more of the following documents as vaccination evidence:
- Vaccination card (typically issued when a dose is received)
- Vaccination post-event email/notification that includes name and the vaccine type information
- Vaccination certificate (electronic or paper). Vaccination records and certificates from any country can be accepted.
- The evidence needs to provide the following information:
- Government or site name of where the certificate was issued
- Name of individual who received the vaccination
- Date of vaccination for each dose
- Vaccine product name/brand
- Number in a series of doses (i.e. 2/2 etc.)
- Country in which vaccination took place
How to book an appointment:
- For people registered with a practice in North East Essex please call 01702 372116 to book an appointment at one of 2 clinic dates: 23rd Feb in Clacton (10:00 – 15:00) and 2nd March in Colchester (10:00 – 15:00).